Indicated for the prevention and treatment of allergic rhinitis,including hayfever and that caused by other airborne allergens such as house dustmites and animal dander.
- Flixonase works by reducing inflammation.
- It reduces swelling and irritation in your nose.
- This helps to relieve itching, sneezing and your blocked or runny nose.
Flixonase is used to prevent and treat:
- Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to seasonal allergies, such as Hayfever.
- Inflammation in the lining of your nose (rhinitis) due to year round (perennial) allergies, such as animal allergies.
How to Use
- Only use in your nose, contact with eyes should be avoided.
- It takes a few days for this medicine to work. So keep using it, even though you may not feel better straight away
- Adults 18 years and over: For the prevention and treatment of allergic rhinitis: Two sprays into each nostril once a day, preferably in the morning.
- Once control is achieved the dose should be titrated down to the lowest effective dose of one spray in each nostril once a day (100 micrograms per day).
- In some cases two sprays into each nostril twice daily may berequired for short periods to achieve control of symptoms,after which the dose should be reduced. The maximum daily dose should not exceed four sprays into each nostril.
- Elderly patients:The normal adult dosage is applicable.
- Not suitable for patients under 18 years old
Patient Info: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/flixonase-allergy-relief-nasal-spray-32163/patient-info