Nurofen Pain Relief 5% Gel contains ibuprofen and belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroid anti-Inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s). These medicines reduce pain and inflammation, and bring down a high temperature. Nurofen Joint & Back Pain Relief 5% Gel is used to treat a number of painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles, such as backache, rheumatic and muscular pain, sprains, strains and sports injuries.
How to Use
- Check the seal is intact before first use. Invert cap to break seal.
- Nurofen Joint & Back Pain 5% Gel is for use on the skin only and should only be used on healthy, unbroken skin.
- use in the mouth or take it by mouth
- use near cuts and grazes or under dressings such as plasters
- use on the genital area
- let the gel come into contact with your eyes. If it does, rinse thoroughly and consult a doctor.
Wash your hands after applying the gel, unless they are the site of treatment.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: Squeeze 4 to 10cm of gel from the tube and lightly rub onto the affected area until absorbed. This dose should not be repeated more frequently than every four hours and no more than four times a day in any 24 hour period. The amount of gel squeezed would be equivalent to 50 to 125mg of Ibuprofen.
Nurofen Joint & Back Pain 5% gel is not recommended for children under 12 years.
If symptoms persist for more than 7 days, or worsen at any time, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Patient Info: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/nurofen-5-gel-33153/patient-info