Directions for use
- Adults including the elderly and children over 12 only:
- The recommended dose is 2-4 tablets in 24 hours, to be taken at night.
- Not suitable for use in children under 12 years.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
Use for 1-2 weeks requires medical supervision. If the symptoms persist or worsen during the use of the medicinal product, a doctor should be consulted.
Do not take if you:
- are allergic to senna or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel (ileus, intestinal obstruction or stenosis)
- have paralysis or a lack of muscle tone in the bowel (atony)
- have symptoms of appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- have severe dehydration
- have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- are under 12 years of age
Patient Info: https://www.medicines.ie/medicines/senokot-7-5mg-tablets-33707/patient-info